Keeping warm is one of the ways to protect you and your family from Swine Flu.
Despite dire warnings being bandied about in the media, and regardless of how virulent an infectious disease is, the best way to keep safe is to be super-healthy and honour the energy needs of your body.
Your ‘super-immunity’ is in your own hands:
- Eat warm and nourishing foods, such as chunky home-cooked soups, stews, and casseroles. A crock-pot is a must for convenience and ease of preparation in Winter!
- Get at least eight hours of good sleep a night.
- Avoid cold drinks and foods. Drink plenty of water, but at room temperature.
- Schedule in relaxation times to alleviate the stress of heavy work commitments.
- Take daily supplements that will boost your immunity – a good multivitamin and multimineral complex, a fish-oil capsule and some magnesium to keep your muscles relaxed.
- Keep emotional stress to a minimum. If you are wrestling with a problem, take a course of Flower Essences prescribed by your naturopath or see a counsellor to let off the head of emotional steam that can weaken the body, and your immunity.
- Exercise moderately, to keep the muscles flexed and fluid,staying warm during and after the work-out. Cold contracts muscles and contributes to flu-type symptoms by constricting the flow of valuable vital force and blood. This weakens body systems crucial to healthy body functioning.
- Avoid big, draughty open spaces where a lot of people are gathered.
- Stay warm and cosy, wherever you are. Use scarves and gloves, big coats and jumpers to protect your body from the cold.
By staying super-healthy, you ensure super-immunity for yourself and your family.